|The CV Book||
The CV Book
|16.70||approx. 7-9 days|
The best and most up-to-date guidance available on writing and presenting the perfect CV is back in a new edition.
This is the most definitive and well-researched guide to planning, writing and presenting compelling CVs to maximise your chances of getting an interview. The guidance in this book has been tried, tested and honed to perfection. The unique content includes a chapter on avoiding the most common CV mistakes, which only a few of the very best CVs actually manage to do.
About the author
How to use this book
Part 1 Laying the foundations: getting the basics right
1. Why are CVs so important?
2. Aesthetics and presentation: looking good on paper
3. Content and style: what to say and how to say it
4. Structure: which type of CV is right for you?
Part 2 Building your CV: section by section
5. Personal details
6. Professional profile
8. Education and qualifications
9. Career history
10. Key skills
12. Other details
13. Interests and activities
Part 3 The 15 most common CV writing mistakes
14. How to avoid them!
Part 4 When the usual rules don’t apply …
15. Ten solutions for ten potential problems
16. Special cases – professions where the rules are different
17. CVs and résumés – looking for work abroad
Part 5 Tailoring your CV
18. How to adapt your CV for every application
Part 6 LinkedIn
Part 7 Looking at the whole picture
20. Cover letters
22. Your new job
Part 8 CV and cover letter examples and templates
23. Twenty-one CV examples to help you write yours
Part 9 My five top tips to make your CV stand out
24. How to make your CV stand out!
Further reading and resources
Appendix A: 250 action verbs
Appendix B: 50 positive adjectives
Appendix C: 222 commonly misspelled words
Your CV has less than 30 seconds to win you an interview, so make it irresistible.
With hundreds of CVs submitted for every job vacancy, yours has to work hard to stand out. You need to know what the recruiter wants to see and how to say it, fast.
The CV Book brings together years of research and experience to reveal all the insider tips and winning methods that will make sure your CV never fails to impress. Discover how to:
· write your own CV quickly, and with confidence
· tailor your CV to every opportunity
· avoid all of the most common CV mistakes
· make your CV really stand out from the competition.
No matter what your age, background, job or level of experience, The CV Book will help you create an outstanding CV.
The CV Book has full online support: CV templates, CV tools and reader offers – all available through The CV Centre® online at www.jamesinn.es.
James Innes is the Managing Director of The CV Centre, the UK’s leading CV consultancy. James founded The CV Centre in 1998 and has built the company to its current position as UK market leaders in the field of CV consultancy. James regularly delivers presentations to recent graduates and also contributes widely to newspapers and magazines in both the UK and France and is the author of The Interview Book, The CV Book, The Cover Letters Book and The Interview Question and Answer Book