For courses in Landscape Architecture. The classic in the field for nearly 20 years, this text/reference offers exceptionally broad, extensively illustrated coverage of the full range of landscape architecture construction technology.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- NEW - Reflects the changes in technology that have impacted the practice of landscape construction in the areas of materials, practice, and the application of computer programs and technology in design. Pg.___
- NEW - Expands coverage of site measurement, layout, and construction drawings. Pg.___
- NEW - Revises coverage of grading to include:
- NEW - Extends the discussion of drainage to include:
- NEW - Updates/revises chapters on lighting, fountains and pools, and irrigation. Pg.___
- NEW - Revises the construction details chapters on basic statics, concrete and masonry, and carpentry to focus on the preparation of basic construction details for landscape structures. Pg.___
- Covers all areas of landscape architecture construction technology. Pg.___
- Provides a power-packed reference for formulas, step-by-step procedures, illustrations, tables and equations - an excellent resource for practitioners and for those preparing for the national registration examination. Pg.___
- Lists references at the end of each chapter. Pg.___
New to this Edition
- Reflects the changes in technology that have impacted the practice of landscape construction in the areas of materials, practice, and the application of computer programs and technology in design. Pg.___
- Expands coverage of site measurement, layout, and construction drawings. Pg.___
- Revises coverage of grading to include:
- Extends the discussion of drainage to include:
- Updates/revises chapters on lighting, fountains and pools, and irrigation. Pg.___
- Revises the construction details chapters on basic statics, concrete and masonry, and carpentry to focus on the preparation of basic construction details for landscape structures. Pg.___
Table of Contents
1. Landscape Architecture Construction Documents.
Landscape Architecture Construction Documents. The Construction Drawings.2. Site Layout and Control.
Introduction. Surveying, Map Projection and Coordinating Systems. Horizontal Measure: Taping and Chaining. Property Surveys: Traversing. Vertical Measurements, Leveling. Interpolation of Contours. Field Craft. Preparing Site Layout Drawings.3. Grading and Earthwork.
Introduction. Grading and the Soil. Maps for Grading. Representation of Landform. Contour Interpretation. Grading Standards. Developing Grading Plans. Earth Work Computations 37. The Final Grading Plan.4. Site Hydrology, Stormwater Management, Erosion and Sediment Control.
Introduction. The Regulatory Framework. Basic Site Hydrology. Design and Layout of Storm Drainage Systems. Sedimentation and Erosion Control. Popular BMP's. Preparing Documents for an NPDES Permit. Erosion Control Standards.5. Transportation and Circulation Design.
Introduction. Circulation Systems. Planning Vehicular Circulation Systems (Streets and Highways). Functional Classification. Design and Operational Standards for Streets and Highways. Design of the Cross Section. Local Urban Streets. Geometric Layout of Streets. Parking Facilities. Bicycle Facilities.6. The Strength of Materials, Simplified Statics and Basic Mechanics.
Introduction. Force and Stress. Measures of Material Strength. Properties of Sections. Shear and Bending. Using Shear and Bending to Size Beams and Horizontal Members. Sizing Vertical Members. Sizing Members of Simple Structures. Walls and Wall Stability. Retaining Walls. Segmental Retaining Walls.7. Construction Detailing.
Introduction. Concrete Detailing. Concrete Slabs and Pavements. Walls. Retaining Walls. Concrete and Masonry Steps. Carpentry and Wood Detailing.8. Irrigation Design.
Introduction. Agronomic Considerations in Irrigation Design. Irrigation Equipment. Sprinklers and Drip Emitters. Sprinkler Irrigation Heads. Rotary Sprinklers. Drip Emitters. Irrigation Hydraulics. Hydraulics of Sprinkler System. Pressure Loss. Pressure Loss Tables. Pipe Sizing. Determining the Size of a Loop Main. Sizing Lateral Lines. Wire and Wire Size. Water Conservation and Irrigation Design. Design Efficiency. Irrigation Head Layout. Sprinkler Head Selection. Placing Sprinkler Heads. Zoning the System. Laying Out the Piping for the System. Sizing the Pipe and Valves. The Irrigation Plan. Controller Programming.9. Lighting Design.
Introduction. Light Energy. Lighting Equipment. Designing Lighting Systems. Roadway and Area Lighting. Flood and Area Lighting. Lighting Effects. Electricity and Wiring. Lighting and Electrical Plans.10. Design of Pools and Water Features.
Introduction. Basic Design Considerations. Types of Water Display. Technical and Hydraulic Design. Lighting Water Features. Preparing Construction Documents for Water Features.
The most complete, up-to-date reference to landscape architecture.
New edition: More examples, more technical content, more illustrations.
Software tools, Clean Water Act changes, and more
New technologies, new regulations, new opportunities.
The most complete, up-to-date reference to landscape architecture.
Since it was first published, Landscape Architecture Construction has been the most useful guide and reference of its kind. This eagerly anticipated Third Edition has been completely revised to reflect every critical change in landscape construction, especially the dramatic changes in technology that have revolutionized the field. It also offers updated guidelines and techniques for compliance with the Clean Water Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, NPDES, ISTEA, and other key federal legislation.
Up-to-the-minute coverage includes:
- New introductory material for beginning practitioners and students.
- Details of new construction materials and methods for transportation systems, landscaping, and Segmental Retaining Wall (SWR) systems.
- New site measurement, layout, and construction drawing techniques.
- Enhanced coverage of contour construction and earthwork calculations.
- Detailed drainage techniques: site hydrology tools, erosion control, and more.
- All-new chapters on lighting, fountains, and water features.
This brand-new edition combines a thorough primer on construction theory with practical, field-tested solutions for all the landscaping projects you're likely to encounter. It contains more step-by-step procedures, more tables, more equations-plus new, computer-generated illustrations from start to finish. Whether you're a landscape professional, civil engineer, or student, Landscape Architecture Construction, Third Edition will be the most valuable landscaping reference you own.