A complete reference manual to the MIPS RISC architecture.
- describes the user Instruction Set Architecture (ISA), as implemented by the R2000, R3000, R4000, and R6000 (collectively known as the R-Series) processors, together with an extension to this ISA.
- describes the general characteristics and capabilities of each RISC processor, along with a description of the programming model, memory management unit (MMU), and the registers associated with each processor.
- includes an overview of the underlying concepts that distinguish RISC architecture from Complex Instruction Set Computer (CISC) architecture.
Table of Contents
1. RISC Architecture: An Overview.
2. MIPS Processor Architecture Overview.
3. CPU Instruction Set Summary.
4. Memory Management System.
6. Exception Processing.
7. FPU Overview.
8. FPU Instruction Set Summary and Instruction Pipeline.
9. Floating Point Exceptions.