|Introduction to Cosmology||
Introduction to Cosmology
|88.90||approx. 7-9 days|
Introduction to Cosmology provides a rare combination of a solid foundation of the core physical concepts of cosmology and the most recent astronomical observations. The text is designed for advanced undergraduates or beginning graduate students and assumes no prior knowledge of general relativity. An emphasis is placed on developing the students' physical insight rather than losing them with complex math. An approachable writing style and wealth of fresh and imaginative analogies from “everyday” physics are used to make the concepts of cosmology more accessible.
2. Fundamental Observations.
3. Newton Versus Einstein.
4. Cosmic Dynamics.
5. Single-Component Universes.
6. Multiple-Component Universes.
7. Measuring Cosmological Parameters.
8. Dark Matter.
9. The Cosmic Microwave Background.
10. Nucleosynthesis and the Early Universe.
11. Inflation and the Very Early Universe.
12. The Formation of Structure.