David Boddy's market leading text is the one guide today's students and tomorrow's managers need to read. A comprehensive introduction to the themes and functions of management, this book is an accessible and academically rigorous guide through the field. The only title to take an introductory approach to the study of management, which makes it the ideal text to accompany a first course in management, either as an undergraduate or postgraduate.
- Comprehensive coverage of management theory and practice in an accessible approach
- Management in Practice features insight into contemporary management activities
- Employability in each chapter to reinforce transferable skills and knowledge
- Critical thinking exercises for applying theory in real-life scenarios and gaining experience of management
- Fully updated on changes to management theory and practice including talent management
- More coverage of the changes brought by digital technology around data handling, social media, crowdfunding of start ups
- More international case studies and impact of globalisation
This text is the ideal to accompany a first course in management, either as an undergraduate or a postgraduate. An instructors manual and powerpoint slides are available for this title.
Part 1 An Introduction To Managment
1 Managing in organisations
2 Models of management
Part 1 Case: Apple Inc.
Part 1 Employability skills
Part 2 The environment of Mangement
3 Organisation cultures and contexts
4 Managing internationally
5 Corporate responsibility
Part 2 case: BP
Part 2 Employability skills
Part 3 Planning
7 Decision making
8 Managing strategy
9 Managing marketing
Part 3 case: The Virgin Group
Part 3 Employability skills
Part 4 Organising
10 Organisation structure
11 Human resource management
12 Information systems and e-business
13 Creativity, innovation and change
Part 4 case: Royal Bank of Scotland
Part 4 Employability skills
Part 5 Leading
Part 5 case: British Heart Foundation
Part 5 Employability skills
Part 6 Controlling
18 Managing operations and quality
19 Performance measurement and control
20 Finance and budgetary control
Part 6 case: TescoPart 6 Employability skills
David Boddy’s market-leading text is the one guide today’s students and tomorrow’s managers need to read. A comprehensive introduction to the themes and functions of management, this book is an accessible and academically rigorous guide through the field. Now into its seventh edition, it continues to be the most up-to-date and reliable text of its kind. Management: An Introduction offers:
This is the ideal text to accompany a first course in management, either as an undergraduate or a postgraduate.
David Boddy is a Research Fellow at the Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow. He is the author of three other Pearson books: Essentials of Management (2012), Managing Information Systems (2009) and Managing Projects (2002).
David Boddy is a Research Fellow at the Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow. Management: An Introduction has supported students and educators since 1998.