This book provides a sound under-pinning of marketing theory, illustrated with examples and case studies drawn from a wide range of leisure organisations and activities. Tourism is dealt with as an integral part of the leisure market rather than as a separate phenomemon. Coverage is given to the need for public and voluntary organisations to become more marketing-oriented, as well as designing and delivering service quality.
I. WHAT IS LEISURE MARKETING?
1. What is Leisure?
2. What is Marketing?
3. Marketing Orientation
4. Marketing Planning
II. UNDERSTANDING LEISURE MARKETS
5. Marketing Research
6. The External Influences
7. Consumer Behaviour
9. Competitve Strategy
III. THE LEISURE MARKETING MIX
10. The Leisure Product
11. Designing and Delivering Service Quality
12. Pricing Strategy and Tactics
13. Place - Getting the Product to the Market, or Vice-Versa
IV. THE PROMOTIONAL MIX IN LEISURE
14. Communications Objectives
15. Advertising Direct Marketing
16. Sales Promotion PR
18. Co-Operative Marketing
19. Sales Promotion PR Print
20. Co-Operative Marketing
V. IMPLEMENTING THE MARKET CONCEPT IN LEISURE
21. Marketing the Leisure Organisations